The Data Strategy Board (DSB) meet for its inaugural meeting on 11 July under newly appointed chair Stephan Shakespeare.
The DSB will seek to maximise the value of data initially from the Public Data Group Trading Funds, namely Ordnance Survey, Met Office, Land Registry and Companies House.
The membership of the board includes data users from outside the public sector, with representatives of commercial re-users and the Open Data community.
Three groups are part of the DSB and represented on the Board by their respective chairs. These include the Public Weather Service Customer Group, the GI Customer Group and the Open Data User Group. AGI Council members can be found in both the GI Customer Group and the Open Data User Group.
On behalf of the public sector the DSB will:
- steer the management of contracts for weather and geographic information
- consider how data from the DSB might generate economic growth
- work to ensure that ministers have appropriate advice to enable:
- delivery of Open Data from the Public Data Group
- provision of data and services to the public sector UK general public, including services which contribute to the protection of life, property and UK national infrastructure
- making access to data easier for all users
- increasing public access to free data over time, subject to affordability and value for money
To see the official release and Action Record click HERE