AGI Scotland is a sub-group of AGI focused on the interests of the geographic information community in Scotland. It has its own committee which promotes the aims of the AGI within the Scottish context and co-ordinates activities with the national body.
The objectives of AGI Scotland are:
AGI Scotland (AGI-S) sit on the Scottish Government Spatial Information Board (SIB) in an advisory capacity and have a long running relationship working with the Scottish Government. In 2014, feedback from the AGI Scotland member consultation was presented to SIB and AGI-S recommendations will feed into this ongoing dialogue.
In addition to representing member views, AGI-S actively work to provide development and networking opportunities to Scottish members. This includes through the provision of an annual one day event and seminars throughout the year.
AGI-S sponsors the University of Edinburgh EEO Seminar Series. All members are welcome to attend these events, which can see audiences up to 60+. They provide an excellent opportunity to learn about different areas of geospatial, in addition to promoting networking between professionals and post-graduate students.
AGI-S supports the work of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society (RSGS) and is working to build stronger links on shared areas of interest.
AGI-Scotland Geospatial Emerging Talent Initiative
The AGI-Scotland’s Geospatial Emerging Talent Initiative brings budding geospatial professionals and ambitious businesses together, preparing individuals for a career in our industry and energising the workplace with enthusiasm and new ideas.
- For aspiring geospatial professionals, this is a great way to test-drive a new career, gaining hands-on experience and valuable insights into the practical applications for geospatial in the workplace.
- For ambitious businesses (inc. the third and public sector), this is an ideal way to identify new talent; to increase capacity; and to develop projects while nurturing the next generation of geospatial employees.
Our Geospatial Emerging Talent Initiative also offers direct access to the best contact points in universities and colleges for businesses with a nascent or new placement scheme.
|ARE YOU AN ASPIRING GEOSPATIAL PROFESSIONAL?||ARE YOU A BUSINESS THAT WANTS NEW
• Get work experience before finishing a degree
|• Scout for new talent among Scotland’s finest geospatial students
• Mentor aspiring new geospatial professionals
• Raise your business’s profile among the next generation of employees
• Complete tasks or research, get projects underway, explore endless possibilities!
THE NEXT STEPS ARE SIMPLE...
Businesses: If you’re in industry, government or the third sector, and want to find out more about what’s involved in offering a placement, then our university and college contacts will be happy to hear from you directly.
For more information and details of who to contact, our Geospatial Emerging Talent PDF is available to download below: