The AGI regional groups exist to allow members to engage with the AGI at a local level. They also provide a platform to engage with local government and regional authorities and for activities and events to be coordinated across the regions of the UK.
The objective of these regional initiatives is:
- To promote awareness on GI and how it could benefit the citizen, commerce and good governance within the region.
- To gain access to government at the local level.
- To bring together people with an interest in GI within the region with the intention of forming a regional group of the AGI.
- To tune and deliver membership benefits to the regional member.
- To encourage AGI membership at the grass roots level within the regions.