You will use SQL (Structured Query Language) within the SQL Server Studio Manager interface, to add/drop tables; add data and manage the security such as setting roles and permissions. The performance of the database is key and you will look at monitoring and setting maintenance tasks including the setup of backups and recovery options.
Who should attend?
Those who will administer, maintain and use spatial data should attend. This course does cover some end-user activity, such as importing and exporting data from within Cadcorp SIS Desktop.
- Introduction and Server Specification
- SQL Server Administration
- Installing SQL Server
- Network Connectivity Configuration
- Using SQL Server Studio Manager
- Creating a SQL Server databases
- Setting up Database Security
- Create Database Log-in accounts and roles
- Exporting Data from SIS into SQL Server
- Reading SQL Server spatial Layers into SIS
- Creating Empty spatial layers in SQL Server
- Data capture & editing spatial Data
- Spatial Analysis & Filtering Data
- Example Security Models
- Loading, Managing & Using Ordnance Survey Datasets
To book, please visit: http://cdcp.io/training
Stevenage, SG1 2JY