Future Cities: Security, 9th July, in London
Future cities used to be sustainable and resilient to change. But triggers for change are increasing: energy and food prices, severe weather events, and aging infrastructure. Cities face a myriad of potential future shocks and stresses. To meet these challenges they must work to identify risks and mitigate against them with location as a key component.
- How should we best monitor, measure and manage our cities?
- The growth of the Internet of Things: will it improve the way we all navigate our cities?
- How do we successfully translate urban data to measure our key cities' economies?
- How do we capture citizens' wishes to shape the urban environments of the future?
Seize the opportunity to hear from innovative and lively speakers who will address such
questions, and more. Learn from experts from the commercial, public and academic worlds,
- Doug Specht, University of Westminster and event lead for the AGI
- Gary Grant, Green Infrastructure Consultancy
- Dan Byles, VP Corporate Development, Living PlanIT
- Stephanie Bricker, British Geological Survey
- Steve Bowyer, Opportunity Peterborough
- Miranda Sharp, Ordnance Survey
- Liane Hartley, Urbanistas UK
- Dr Mara Ferreri, Durham University
- Dr Colin Roberts, Universities Police Science Unit
- Jim Norton, Bentley
- Dr Jean-Yves Cherruault, Panacea Group
- Gary Walker, Glasgow CC
- Luan Baptista Ribeiro, C40 Cities
Biographies for these speakers can be found here.
The security of our Future Cities affects us all. Attend this event to learn how this applies to you!
With impending rail and tube strikes (unless issues are resolved at the eleventh hour) we have links to help you get to your desintation:
There is information on buses from major stations in the logistics pack.
Click here to see a pedestrian friendly map, it shows walking time between stations
lick here to see key bus routes in central London
Click here for a list of Santander Cycle (Boris Bike) docking stations
For live updates check the TfL website.
66 Great Queen Street
London, LON WC2B-5BX
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.