AGI Scotland’s annual event was held in Glasgow this year, at The Lighthouse on Tuesday 27th February 2018. The event welcomed a day of ideas, discussion and collaboration with all those in Scotland’s GI community.
A full agenda can be downloaded here!
What's it about?
The event showcased the latest innovation and developments in geographic information in Scotland. In particular, the event included the increasingly significant role of cybersecurity and data ethics in geographic information as well as more generally highlighting the latest real-world applications of GI. Scotland’s thriving geospatial technology and data industries will be on show, with speakers and attendees from a broad range of sectors involved in GI.
This was a great opportunity to catch up with fellow GI professionals, build new relationships, and learn about recent developments in the GI community, including innovative applications of GI and a closer look at security and digital ethics in the context of GI.
This year we welcomed to the following speakers:
- Joann Russell (Historic Environment Scotland) Presentation: Practical applications of geospatial data and digital technologies in the care and management of the HES's assets (Keynote)
- Don Smith (Dell SecureWorks) Presentation: GI on the Frontline? Tales from the CyberSecurity Trenches (Keynote)
- Layla Gordon (Ordnance Survey) Presentation: Geo-Immersive Reality
- David Frankland (thinkWhere) Presentation: Some Like It HOT (Humanitarian OpenStreetMap)
- Tim Marston (CARTO) Presentation: Powering Smarter & Cleaner Cities by Democratising Location Intelligence
- Alex Cadzow (Cadzow Consulting) Presentation: Maintaining Security, Ethics and Privacy
- Jim Baird and David Grzybowski (Scottish Government) Presentation: Persons at Risk Distribution
- Esta Clark (National Records of Scotland) Presentation: Census 2021
- Ali Fernie (British Geological Survey) Presentation: Impact of GDPR on National Geoscience Data Centre
- Rui Cardoso (Civtech) Presentation: Driving daring and innovation in the public sector
- Julie Proctor (greenspace scotland) Presentation: Using OS Greenspace
- David Lawton (Informed Solutions) Presentation: Location-enabled Digital Transformation
- James Crone (EDINA) Presentation: Intelligence from scanned maps
- Philip Taylor (Centre for Ecology and Hydrology) Presentation: New Ways to Communicate GI Data (Keynote)
- Will Hensman and Simon Roberts (Improvement Service) Presentation: Spatial Hub
A full agenda can be downloaded here!
Joann Russell (Historic Environment Scotland) Presentation: Practical applications of geospatial data and digital technologies in the care and management of the HES's assets (Keynote)
Historic Environment Scotland have been enthusiastic early adopters of digital technology for survey, visualisation and conservation. This presentation will explore how they are using geospatial data as part of their transition to a digital asset management system to conserve and care for some of Scotland’s most important historic places. The use of digital technologies to mitigate the impacts of current and future challenges from climate change, coastal erosion and visitors will also be discussed, together with opportunities for research and education through the new national building conservation centre at the Engine Shed.
Don Smith (Dell SecureWorks) Presentation: GI on the Frontline? Tales from the CyberSecurity Trenches (Keynote)
Cyber Threats are increasing ? Tales of hacks, breaches and sabotage are constantly in the news, what is real and how concerned should you be? In this session Don will review several real examples of cyberattacks, the techniques used and consider the impact on the GI community
Meet this year's sponsors!
We were delighted to welcome the following sponsors to #AGIScot18!
Please note that there is no parking on site.
There is a nearby car park NCP Glasgow Mitchell Street. You can buy a discounted 24 hour permit from the Lighthouse reception for £7.50.
|Delegate Pricing (Regular)|
|AGI Member (£35 + VAT)||£ 42.00|
|Public Sector - Non-Member (£60 + VAT)||£ 72.00|
|Non-Member (£75.00 + VAT)||£ 90.00|