For those interested in learning the fundamentals of Python with an emphasis on the
skills GIS users would benefit from learning.
An introduction to thinking in a Pythonic way covering the fundamentals of the
language and putting you in good stead for our Python for QGIS course.
The course covers the following topics:
● Installation, Executing Scripts, Using the interpreter
● Imports, Functions, Indentation, Variables
● Strings, if condition
● Lists, Looping
● Sorted function, Tuples
● Dicts, Reading and writing files, Extra: Using with context manager, Unicode Errors Simply Explained
● File System, Errors and Exceptions, HTTP (optional)
● Introduction to classes
● Installing packages via pip (python -m pip)
● Postgres using psycopg, Python psycopg2 & PostGIS
Python Essentials is a 1 day course running on the 26th of June from 9:30am until
Training will take place at Lockside Meeting Rooms on 5, Scotland Street, Lockside,
Birmingham, B1 2RR, just a 15 minute walk from Birmingham new street Station.
To book visit: https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/
Birmingham, B1 2RR