For those interested in learning the fundamentals of Python with an emphasis on the skills GIS users would benefit from learning.
An introduction to thinking in a Pythonic way covering the fundamentals of the language and putting you in good stead for our Python for QGIS course.
The course covers the following topics:
- Installation, Executing Scripts, Using the interpreter
- Imports, Functions, Indentation, Variables
- Strings, if condition
- Lists, Looping
- Sorted function, Tuples
- Dicts, Reading and writing files, Extra: Using with context manager, Unicode Errors Simply Explained
- File System, Errors and Exceptions, HTTP (optional)
- Introduction to classes
- Installing packages via pip (python -m pip)
- Postgres using psycopg, Python psycopg2 & PostGIS
Python Essentials is a 1 day course running on the 10th of July from 9:30am until 5:00pm.
Training will take place at The Waterfront on Welsh Back, Bristol, BS1 4SB, just a 15 minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Station.
To book visit: https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/
Bristol, BS1 4SB