For those interested in learning the fundamentals of Python with an emphasis on the skills GIS users would benefit from learning.
An introduction to thinking in a Pythonic way covering the fundamentals of the language and putting you in good stead for our Python for QGIS course.
The course covers the following topics:
- Installation, Executing Scripts, Using the interpreter
- Imports, Functions, Indentation, Variables
- Strings, if condition
- Lists, Looping
- Sorted function, Tuples
- Dicts, Reading and writing files, Extra: Using with context manager, Unicode Errors Simply Explained
- File System, Errors and Exceptions, HTTP (optional)
- Introduction to classes
- Installing packages via pip (python -m pip)
- Postgres using psycopg, Python psycopg2 & PostGIS
Python Essentials is a 1 day course running on the 11th of September from 9:30am until 5:00pm.
Training will take place at our head office in Epsom, Surrey, located on 17, West Street, KT18 7RL. Parking is available upon request and the nearest train station is Epsom Station.
To book visit: https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/
Epsom, KT18 7RL