This practical, one-day, hands-on course provides an introduction to the ArcGIS model builder and how you can use it to streamline data processing tasks.
You will be introduced to ArcToolbox and gain a deeper understanding of ArcMap geoprocessing tools. You will learn how to construct a model, make it loop, expose parameters to turn it into a Model tool for embedding and integrating Python scripts into the model builder environment. The course comprises hands-on exercises each introduced with a short presentation.
This course is intended for regular users of ESRI’s ArcMap software who wish to improve their technical knowledge to automate data processing.
- Introduction to the ArcToolbox
- The Geoprocessing tool
- Results and Geoprocessing options
- Model builder application
- Run a model multiple times (looping)
- Controlling the order of processing
- Convert a model to a Model Tool
- Embedding models
- Create a Python Script Tool
- Trouble shooting and advanced topics
For a complete description of the course please visit: https://www.geodata.soton.ac.uk/geodata/training/GeoData_ModelBuilder.pdf
For the course website, please visit: https://www.geodata.soton.ac.uk/geodata/training/GeoData_ModelBuilder.pdf
AGI CPD Points: 4
University of Southampton
Southampton, SO17 1BJ-SO17 1BJ