The course introduces GIS concepts and techniques using ArcGIS 10. It describes available Coastal and Marine GIS datasets, which also form the basis for the course exercises. A project showcase, drawn from ABPmer's portfolio, illustrates how these datasets can be used within GIS to support coastal and marine decision making.
The course considers common problems faced when mapping the coastal and offshore zones (including projections, vertical datums, etc.) and offers a GIS Clinic, where delegates have the opportunity to discuss their own specific issues with the experts.
- Introduction to Coastal and Marine GIS
- Manipulating Coordinate Systems
- Using ArcMap
- Data and Metadata Management using ArcCatalog
- Handling Tabular Data
- Selections and Queries
- Creating and Editing Layers
- ABPmer Coastal and Marine GIS Data & Project Showcase
- Producing Maps
- GeoProcessing, Analysis and ModelBuilder
- Issues when Mapping the Coastal and Marine Zones
- ABPmer Coastal / Marine GIS Consultancy Exercises
- GIS Clinic
For a complete description of the course please visithttp://www.geodata.soton.ac.uk/geodata/training/GeoData_IntroCoastalGIS_10.pdf
For the course website, please visit: http://www.geodata.soton.ac.uk/geodata/training/Courses
AGI CPD Points: 12
University of Southampton
Southampton, SO17 1BJ
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.