This course is suited to environmental consultants, nature conservation organisations and researchers working on earth observation.
The course level is Intermediate.
Prior knowledge and expertise: Some prior knowledge of programming language R, ESRI/ARGIC, Photoscan or PIX4D will be an advantage, but not essential to benefit from the course. All of this software is available as short free trial versions. We will provide instructions where to locate this software and how to install it 2-3 weeks before the course starts.
This two-day course will cover the following topics:
- UK Civil Aviation Authority guidelines and the law
- Drone technology
- Aerial photography
- Image stitching software
- Image classification
- Gain skills to create high quality and spatially accurate habitat classification maps from data you have captured using your UAV platform.
- Learn how to create digital elevation and surface models.
- Learn how to process these data to map the heights and locations of trees and vegetation or other features
- Learn how to operate your UAV platform within the law
- Gain insight into some of the problems you may encounter when flying your aircraft
- Learn how to bring together the data collected by your aircraft into a spatially accurate and informative map suitable for mapping habitats and change.
For more information and to book, please visit: https://www.ceh.ac.uk/training/using-drones-map-habitats
AGI CPD Points: 9
Lancaster, LA1 4AP
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.