You will be introduced to ArcToolbox and gain a deeper understanding of ArcMap geoprocessing tools. You will learn how to construct a model, make it loop, expose parameters to turn it into a Model tool for embedding and integrating Python scripts into the model builder environment.
The course comprises hands-on exercises, each introduced with a short presentation.
This course is intended for regular users of ESRI’s ArcMap software who wish to improve their technical knowledge to automate data processing.
- Introduction to the ArcToolbox
- The Geoprocessing Tool
- Results and Geoprocessing Options
- Model Builder Application
- Run a Model Multiple Times (Looping)
- Controlling the Order of Processing
- Convert a Model to a Model Tool
- Embedding Models
- Create a Python Script Tool
- Trouble Shooting and Advanced Topics
For a complete course description, please visit: https://www.geodata.soton.ac.uk/geodata/training/GeoData_ModelBuilder.pdf
AGI CPD Points: 4
University of Southampton
Southampton, SO17 1BJ