Individual membership is available to everyone working in the geospatial sector regardless of who they work for, or anyone who has an interest in geographic information and geospatial technologies. You might be a project manager, GIS specialist, land surveyor, spatial analyst, GIS technician, IT specialist, web developer or a mapping enthusiast. If your company or organisation are large users of geographic information you might ask them to consider corporate membership.
Annual membership is just: £60 + VAT per year (1 payment annually by BACS, cheque, cash or credit /debit card.)
Membership runs from the date of application. Free membership is available to unemployed members and students (information about student membership is available below.) Two year membership is also available at twice the current annual rate, as a one-off payment.
Apply on-line now to become an AGI member or to renew existing membership. All individual members and named contacts that come under a Corporate membership are entitled to the following benefits:
- Discounted delegate rate at AGI meetings and seminars
- Discounted delegate rate to attend the AGI annual conference and regional conferences
- A monthly AGI e-newsletter sent direct to your inbox
- Opportunity to participate in the AGI Continual Professional Development (CPD) programme and work towards Chartered Geographer (CGeog - GIS) status
- Opportunity to join the Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Opportunity to stand for AGI Council or the Executive Board of AGi Cymru, AGI Northern Ireland, and AGI Scotland
- Opportunity to serve on the AGI's sub-committees
- Free annual subscription to GIS Professional magazine
- AGI Membership fees are eligible for tax relief by HMRC and this can also be backdated subject to certain conditions. You must be a UK taxpayer and pay your own membership fees. For further details, please see the guidance on the HMRC website
The list of above benefits is limited to individual members. In order to extend these benefits to colleagues, Corporate or Sponsor membership should be applied for.
Information for Students
- Student membership is free and carries no reduction in benefits. You must have a student card to qualify.
- Students get an additional, substantial discount on top of the normal AGI members' discount at AGI meetings and seminars;
- Students can attend the AGI annual Conference for £60 per day, which is less than 30% of the full non-member rate. The conference gives access to 5 streams of talks, lunch, morning and afternoon coffee and unprecedented networking opportunities with corporate members who may have job opportunities, or secondment options, either now or in the future.
- Some of our events are free to members
- Other events will cost student members half the regular delegate rate
- Monthly AGI e-Newsletter sent direct to your inbox
- Opportunity to participate in the free AGI Continual Professional Development (CPD) programme and gradually work towards Chartered Geographer (CGeog - GIS) status
- Opportunity to join one of the Special Interest Groups (SIGs) or stand for AGI Council
- Opportunity to serve on one of the AGI's sub-committees
- Discounts on publications
- Free subscription to GIS Professional magazine.