GGP Systems is at the forefront of providing GIS and Gazetteer Management Systems to Local Government and the Public Sector. Established in 1992, GGP was one of the pioneers GI and we continue to work closely with our clients to meet their challenging business needs. Increasingly our solutions are extending into other public sector bodies such as police authorities and fire brigades.
Job Description and Purpose of the Role
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, self-driven and results oriented Account Manager with a proven track record of success. A born winner, your achievements will be notable and you will live to succeed not only personally, but also with the best interests of the business in mind at all times.
A highly motivated individual who is experienced in consultative sales, you will have a big part to play in our success. Ideally, you will come from a technical sales background with a focus on providing Geospatial Software Solutions to Local Government or Public Sector Accounts. More importantly is your ability to develop successful business relationships to senior level, gain confidence and trust and formulate solutions to meet the ongoing business needs of individual clients. Your natural sales ability will be fully maximised in order to achieve revenue targets.
A large degree of self-motivation and autonomy will be required as well as the discipline to succeed without micro-management. You will be working within a supportive, non-bureaucratic environment that is highly charged but hugely exciting and rewarding.
You must be willing to travel to existing and potential new customers throughout England, Wales and Scotland, and this may involve staying away for a few nights at a time. You will be expected to plan a diary, produce agendas and plan visits prior to visiting clients. You will be visiting multiple customers in the same region and typically attend each customer site every 3-6 months. You will be expected to form good relationships with customers, meet their expectations and their needs.
- Take accountability for the overall revenue growth, customer satisfaction, and business performance within a portfolio of assigned customer accounts
- You will achieve set objectives and goals by managing an account portfolio, building on existing relationships with key decision makers, whilst demonstrating a passionate and credible approach to winning new business to increase the account base and drive ongoing revenue growth
- Take accountability for account planning, including identifying and documenting clients’ organisational structure, IT initiatives, application needs and business issues
- Evaluate past performance and competitor performance within accounts and markets within your account sector to capitalise on opportunities and ensure maximum account penetration and corporate growth
- Take ownership for developing key relationships within the account and identify and build interdepartmental relationships to identify further opportunities and strengthen the company’s position as a preferred supplier
- Develop and manage appropriate 3rd party relationships with potential channel partners, technology partners and resellers that support corporate strategy and growth
- Maintain a high level of personal knowledge relating to market and competitor activity and technological trends to support account strategy and planning and ensure that GGP Systems not only maintains but grows market share
- To be a local centre of expertise and product knowledge across your account base and serve as a product champion and persistent source of market intelligence for other areas of the business (e.g. product development, product marketing, pricing etc.)
- Identify strategies and tactics to help manage the risk of churn within each account
- Work in collaboration with sales support to prepare proposals, quotations and tender responses for defined products and services
- Carry out prospecting both independently and in collaboration with marketing and new business teams in order to identify new opportunities in line with sales targets
- To work in collaboration with pre and post sales and other departments to ensure that orders are installed effectively and on time, whilst ensuring that the appropriate level and mix of resource is made available to win specific customer opportunities and optimise the company’s business
- Anticipate client concerns and roadblocks and overcome obstacles that may delay customer integration or impact further system use or account growth
- Compile account plans and accurate sales forecast for each managed account and develop a strategy for achieving the forecast. Prepare and submit weekly reports on the above, as required by sales management
- Submit weekly forecasting updates to the sales prospects database, compile reports monitoring each allocated customer activity/ future activity and meetings attended.
- Maintain all other account contact and sales related data in the company CRM system, as required.
- Conduct activities and personally present self and GGP Systems in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Attend appropriate training courses and regular sales meetings and performance reviews as arranged by the company alongside the support to client seminars, user groups and conference events as required
- Any additional tasks deemed necessary to successfully perform the role
- Highly self motivated with a strong desire to over-achieve
- Self disciplined and focussed with good time-management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a dynamic team environment
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, including, if required, extended work hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experienced at influencing and managing relationships with very high level skills in building rapport, empathy and cooperation to senior level
- High level of ability in analysing complex opportunities and establishing optimum solutions to clients business needs
- Ability to handle complex sales and account development activity with minimal supervision
Key Performance Indicators
- Territory target achievement
- Customer retention and satisfaction
- Opportunity identification and capitalisation
- Account administration and record keeping
- Ability to forecast, plan and achieve targets
- Demonstration of the core values and behaviours associated with GGP Systems
To apply, please visit: https://www.ggpsystems.co.uk/about-us/careers/