Could you help shape the frontline of AGI communications? We are looking for a volunteer to manage the AGI’s 7800+ Geo community network.
The Social Media Officer (SMO) will help with developing and managing the AGI social media channels, in addition to contributing to communications and marketing efforts where relevant.
You must be a Professional Member of the AGI, or willing to become one. This can be through individual membership or via your organisations membership.
The SMO will work within the Communications Working Group and build a close relationship with the AGI Office and Communications Lead in the delivery of news, events and promotional content through social media.
The role will involve:
- Building and developing a social media calendar
- Creating textual and graphical content for our Linkedin and Twitter channels (with support)
- Attending quarterly working group meetings
- Contributing ideas and opinions to general comms/marketing efforts
Benefits of Volunteering with the AGI
Volunteering with the AGI is a great way to meet people within the Geo community and involve yourself with the association, in addition to:
- Having a named role within the AGI
- Enhance your CV and profile
- Networking opportunities and building contacts
- Personal development
- A steppingstone to further involvement in the association
Who we’re looking for
You should be savvy with social media platforms (Linkedin and Twitter), and understand methods of optimising content and maximising interactions and exposure.
Ideally you will work in, or have experience in, marketing and communications.
You will need to attend quarterly meetings with the Communications Working Group. These are held virtually and are usually 1 hour long.
You will be flexible to work when you need to, but generally it is ~1-3 hours a week.
If you are interested in this volunteer role and would like to register your interest, or you have a question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org